Zucchini Mushroom Cupcakes
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 large Zucchini, Sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Wildtree Basil Grapeseed oil
- 10 ounces Mushrooms cleansed sliced
- ½ cup Red onion medium dice
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 16 ounces Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- Pinch Nutmeg
- s/p to taste
- 1 ½ cup Marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Prep vegetables. Heat two large skillets over medium heat and divide Basil Grapeseed oil between the two. Sauté the onions, garlic and mushrooms in one pan stirring occasionally over medium heat until cooked. Season mushrooms with salt and pepper. In the other pan over medium heat plate a layer of zucchini slices in pan and sauté on each side for several minutes to cook slightly. Season zucchini with salt & pepper. Continue this process until all zucchini slices have been sautéed and cool.
- Drain water from Ricotta and place in a bowl. Add egg, parmesan cheese,1/2 of mozzarella cheese, Italian seasoning, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- To assemble the cupcakes:
- Place parchment paper liners in the cupcake pan. Place 1 teaspoon on marinara sauce in bottom of the liner; then a couple slices of zucchini; Spread a teaspoon of the ricotta cheese mixture over zucchini; place 1 teaspoon of the mushroom mixture over ricotta repeat with sauce, zucchini and mushrooms then place zucchini slices, marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375F. Bake the zucchini mushroom cupcakes for 30 minutes.
Looking for cooking lessons for you or the children check out www.MealMakersinc.com